Monday, July 30, 2007

My pretty little garden.





When I was a kid, every Saturday at the crack of dawn, My mom would make the kids get out of bed and go out back to pull weeds in her garden. I remember complaining and vowing that I would never ever in my LIFE have a little garden of my own.





Then I grew up.





I'm sure my memories are tainted a bit with exaggeration, but the torture wasn't enough to make me keep my promise to myself. We have a very little garden in our back yard now, and I am so extremely proud of it. We have many kinds of peppers growing, along with some watermelon, cantalope and (my pride and Favorite) beautiful sunflowers.

3 comments:

KatieJ said...

That's so pretty! It kind of makes me want a garden even! Maybe next year I will be brave enough!

Sarah, RN said...

good for you, you little green thumb. Looks beautiful. I'll be over for some produce!!!

Kelly said...

I am so jealous of your little garden! I'm going to need a few hints from a pro like you to get started on one of my own!