Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Remember when...




Remember when you where a kid and you would beg and beg your parents to let you get a treat at the grocery store? I always wanted some kind of Hostess treat. I loved the fruit filled pies and the ding dongs and of course Twinkies. The cream filled chocolate cupcakes were also tantalizing with that little swirly white frosting on top. That is one thing I remember from childhood. Remember how good it all tasted?


Yeah...They aren't good. In fact, they are disgusting! And kids have bad taste when it comes to food.


Cooper wanted these things for Family Home Evening Treats the other night. Jeramy and I reminded each other of how good these were as children then took a bite into our own cup cakes. Jeramy gagged and I spit mine out. They are seriously gross. But did that stop the kids? Oh no.


They finished their own cupcakes and polished off Jeramy's and mine. Here is a picture of them delighting in the "delicacy" of a Hostess cup cake.


The ironic thing is they cry and complain and refuse to eat good things like Lasagna, or Chicken Parmesan, or even Cheeseburgers for crying out loud! Yet, they will sneak crumbs off the ground that dropped from a cup cake that tastes like garbage to begin with. I guess we'll never fathom the taste buds of kids.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yes!! My grandkids have inherited their "nana's" white trash gene - the one that makes me like Snowballs! But I also like Creme Brulee - so there!!

Kate said...

Becky you said tantalizing lol. I think they taste like wax, I feel like I'm eating frosting made of melted candle.
I'm glad your boys enjoyed them, I'm sure my girls would right along with them.