Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nesting




OK, with 3 weeks to go, I've hit the nesting stage. I am starting to get excited about this baby being a girl. (Finally the fear is starting to wear off). But I spent an hour yesterday making a "hooter hider" (a nursing cover blanket--I didn't come up with that name on my own.) You can buy these on line for anywhere from $30-$50. I made 2 for a total of $12. I found an awesome blog that gave really detailed instructions and it took me only 1 1/2 hours to make them. If you want to check out that blog, click HERE.


This is a picture of what hers looks like. I haven't gotten around to taking a picture of the one I made yet. Plus, I have nowhere cute to hang it like this.



And today I have spent a huge chunk of time trying to find a good web site that shows instructions on how to make baby hair bows. I finally found one! This is a really cute site that has lots of fun stuff to make and detailed instructions on all of it. Now, I'm not one for the "satellite bows" (they are called this in our family because they are so dang huge!) But I love the teeny lacy head bands and want my baby to be wearing bows. So, if you are interested, check it out HERE. This is just one of the things it shows you how to make. You can use these and change out the bows that you clip on the top. FUN, FUN!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh I've been looking for a how-to bows site forever. I'm so picky about bows too and Sally usually doesn't have one cause I only have 2 that I like! And love the hooter hider... got one as a gift. Good luck with the home stretch!

KatieJ said...

Those bows are cute and I want to see your hooter hider!