Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Signing

Thanks to Sarah, Brandi, Lyndsey, Tiffany and Tiffany for accompanying me to this fun event!


Ok, it finally came. My friends and I finally got to attend the "Stephanie Meyer" book signing. We were very relieved at how many people "our age" were there. It was held at Marcos De Niza high school and the auditorum completely filled up with women (and a couple guys.) There were some very.... uhhh..... 'devoted' fans who came out. (see picture below. They are cloaked like the Volturi in the books.)




Stephanie Meyer answered all sorts of questions about the books. One that was interesting to me was when someone asked her exactly how many more books she was going to write. She responded that she hadn't made up her mind yet. Could be one, could be a few more. I'm just relieved to hear there are more coming. She also said she is publishing her first book that is marketed to adults in the spring. She directed people to go to her website to learn more about that series.



There were people there who made their own shirts, hats, etc. Some had serious opinions about Edward and Jacob and were vocal about it. Next to them, I didn't look like much of a fan. (But I really think I'm ok with that, having seen the alternative.) There were fans who new trivia from the books that only someone who has read them 15 times and memoried full sections could know about. (See picture below). That part was entertaining.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh man the cloaked girls are scary! That's cool you got to go to that!

The Dunford Family said...

Becky, I know we haven't even met yet, don't mean to be creepy, but I had to comment on your post. I loved this series....I only heard about it two weeks ago and have already read all three books...scary yeah. Looks like you and your friends had a lot of fun.

The Farnsworth Family said...

Yay! I am so glad you love Stephenie Meyers too! Her books are hard to resist. You look beautiful with all your friends. It is so fun to see your family and stay updated on your life :)

Kelly said...

How fun! I didn't realize how popular her books were. You should have worn a cloak too! Ha ha. That's so weird that they did that. I've still got to finish the second one. I will find time soon!