Monday, August 13, 2007

The First Day of School

Well, it's finally here. My baby is at his first day of all-day kindergarten. I can't believe I am old enough to have a kid in school ALL DAY!! It's nuts. He was so terribly excited for this day to come. Yesterday he wanted to make his lunch, and he let me know he wants bologna sandwiches every day this year. (We'll see if he really can stomach that.) Then this morning, he got up at 5:45 a.m. At 6 a.m. he came down stairs and said, "OK, Mom, I've brushed my teeth and said my prayers and gotten dressed and my backpack is all ready. So, all I need to do is eat breakfast and have you comb my hair." Then every 10 minutes after that for the next hour and a half he asked if it was time to go yet. Poor kid is going to be exhausted when he gets home. Still, I'm going to enjoy this whole "excited about going to school" phase he is going through. Who knows how long it will last.


4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I can't believe it either! He lookes EXACTLY like Jeramy on his first day of school. Was he tired when he got home? I'll bet Jackson and Sawyer were too after swimming at my house all morning. We had BIG fun!! Love those monkeys. Mom

The Dunford Family said...

Jeramy and Becky. Your boys are soo cute. I can see alot of Jeramy..., but I'm sure they look a lot like their mom, because Jeramy wasn't that cute! joking! joking! I'm just messin! It's so good to be able to see your beautiful family and what you're up to. I can't believe how old we are, time goes by too fast. Well, we should definitely get together some time. I'd love to meet you Becky! Jeramy is one lucky guy!

Porter Family said...

Tate starts Kindergarten in September. I'm so so nervous. I'll prob call you crying after I drop him off... if that's ok.?.

KatieJ said...

Bella wants grilled cheese sandwiches every day- so far she has except once when I was out of bread, and once when she thought she would try school lunches- (bad idea)