Friday, June 29, 2007

My Current Infatuation




Ok, so those of you who know me, know that I am still in obsession mode over the Stephanie Meyers "Twilight" book series. I know I have passed this obsession on to some of my friends out there. So, to those of you who are as infatuated with Mr. Edward Cullen, I thought you might be interested to know that Stephanie Meyer is coming to the valley next month for a book signing. Here is the info:

Saturday, August 18, 2007at 2:00pm (Doors open at 1pm)
Q & A/signing Changing Hands Bookstore 480/730-0205

Changing Hands Bookstore presents Stephenie Meyer discussing and signing Eclipse at the Marcos de Niza High School auditorium (6000 S. Lakeshore Dr. (at Guadalupe Rd.) Tempe). Copy of Eclipse + admission ticket = $22 ($23.48 with tax). Book vouchers for Eclipse will be given out until August 7, 2007. Additional admission tickets = $3 each. Call Changing Hands Bookstore to order your book and ticket 480.730.0205 Stephenie Meyer will only sign books. No photos, posters, journals, T-Shirts, etc. There will be no posed pictures. Can't make it? If you'd like an autographed book from any of our author events, please call us at 480.730.0205 to pre-pay and we'll have one or more copies signed and reserved.

NOTE: YOU MUST GET YOUR RESERVED TICKET AND COPY BY AUGUST 7TH IF YOU WANT TO GO.

My husband has already laughed himself silly at me for wanting to go to this super cool event. I've already bought my book and ticket and a few friends have committed to going with me. Jeramy says to make sure that you bring your cell phone, lip gloss and i-pod so that we can fit in with the "high school" crowd that we will be surrounded by. He just will never understand the power of vampire drama.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Its ok Becky!! I am going too! YAY!

davidandsuzi said...

I am glad I saw this entry before it was too late! I am definately telling my other Edward swooners of this event. I totally know what Jeramy means about the high school thing, but oh well, I always loved high school. Why not go back in time for a bit! :) P.S. I see more entries than you alluded to on your blog. I think you are enjoying the blogging world!!

KatieJ said...

That is so cool! I am thinking about it... At least I want to have them reserve a signed copy for me!1

Porter Family said...

You better believe that me and Amie will be first in line.... haha! We probably will read them eventually but since we were such big brats about it we will never admit it.

Sarah, RN said...

I am in...can I come?

Sarah, RN said...

ok, so I just read the rest of your post and i laughed out loud at Jeramy's comments. hilarious. and I love the mini van by the way.

Uh, did you call the book store to buy your ticket/book voucher? sadly, I am dead serious about going.

My second book came with tatoos and I had "edward" temporarily posted on my body. I got a lot of guff from some neighbors for that :)