Monday, September 28, 2009

Third Times A Charm

I made Sadie's costume over because it was going to be less work than unpicking everywhere and fixing it. Unfortunately, when i remade it the second time, it looked much better than the first, but turned out exactly the same size. Jeramy said that it's ok that it was the wrong size because the ASU cheer costumes are ACTUALLY yellow with the maroon being the accent color. So, I had been making them wrong anyway.

Undeterred and seriously determined to not have all that work gone to waste, I sat down and measured and drew a new pattern for a new BETTER costume and I made it on Friday. I'm happy to say that it fits her great with a little room to spare for the month of growing between now and Halloween. I'll wait to post pictures of her in it when Halloween gets here.




(The skirt is actually in a straight line and very symmetrical, but I took the picture from the side and flipped it, that's why it looks crooked!)

4 comments:

goofy feet said...

i just learned 2 new things about you guys.
-Becky can sew!
-Jeramy knows a little too much about ASU cheerleaders!

Kasey said...

Look how crafty you are! So cute!

The McGraths said...

so cute! Cheer uniforms are hard! All that pleating... YIKES! Good job!

Sarah, RN said...

love it! crafty mom.

miss you! we really should do lunch one of these days.