Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A simple prayer...



I registered Sawyer for Pre-K today. He wants so badly to go to school like his big brothers. After I registered him, they gave me a packet of things (crayons, practice exercises, scissors, etc...) He was thrilled to have them and he piled it all into his Ninja Turtle backpack and toted it around most of the afternoon. Sawyer said family prayer tonight. In his prayer he said, "Help me to know how to buckle-up by myself. Thankful for my backpack. Thankful for my blue scissors." It made me smile. Kids are so great for helping me to remember to be thankful for even the simplest things. Next time I'm feeling deprived, I'll try to remember to be thankful for blue scissors and kids who teach me simple important truths.

3 comments:

LISA :) said...

What a sweet boy! This is why I love kids so much!

Leslie said...

Simple but yet so profound. Adults can learn from listening to kids sincere prayers.

Bonnie said...

I always knew he was a little angel!!