Friday, January 2, 2009

Sore and Seriosly 'ticked-Off

Ok, so it's no secret that I have zero threshold for pain, stamina, or pretty much anything that causes me physical discomfort. So let me ask you a question. Wouldn't One think that the man I have been married to for eight and a half years, and known for over ten would understand that by now?

So, when he says, "Hey, want to take the kids on an easy hike tomorrow since I have the day off?" One would trust that he knew what my definition of EASY is? If One thought that, One would be very wrong. My definition of easy does not include packing a 6 month old baby on my back for 3.5 miles with a 7, 5 and 4 year old trailing behind going up a steep very rocky and slippery mountain side for over 3 hours. By the time we got to the top of that dang mountain and saw that stupid waterfall, I was about to throw a conniption fit. He should know now that the experience will not be repeated until I am:

1-Not going on 18+ months of no exercise.
2-Not nursing a baby every 3 hours.
3-Not bringing kids who are too little to carry out such a hike.
4-Given explicit and DIRECT stats about the length, difficulty and strength that will be required.

In short, this won't be happening again anytime soon. Here are some momento's to mark the occasion of reaching the top. And when you look at me smiling, remember the fierce tantrum that is sizzling behind it.
But like Jeramy kept reminding me, "Well, at least the weather is nice."




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Am I allowed to laugh? I would be just as ticked as you but it's a pretty funny story. But you can look back at some great pictures!