Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Don't want to forget this...


Cooper is such a sensitive kid and he said somethings tonight that were so sweet and special, that I just don't want to forget that he said them.

Poor kid, he gets really bad nightmares sometimes and has a really hard time with them. He had another one last night and came into our bedroom crying. He calmed down enough to go back to sleep, but tonight as he was getting ready for bed, he started crying again saying he was scared he was going to dream the same thing again. I hugged him and asked him if there was anything I could do to help and he said, "Remember last week when we were reading scriptures and we read the one where Jesus said 'fear not, only believe'? What did that mean again?" I told him that if we ask Heavenly Father to help us, and we have faith, we don't need to be afraid. He said, "OK, I already said a prayer, so now I guess I just need to have faith."

Then later, Jeramy was talking to him in bed and asked him if he was OK. Jeramy told him that if he was scared that he needed to think about something totally different and that would help. He said, "I know. I did that last time." Jeramy asked what he was thinking about that helped, and Cooper said, "I was thinking about how it will be when we all are in Heaven together again."

Sometimes I get overwhelmed at the blessing my children's innocent faith has on my testimony. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for the sweet spirits he has entrusted to me and for all that they teach me. They truly are the chosen generation.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh, this made me cry! He is such the little sweetheart with the most tender spirit. I love that boy!!

Douglas Family said...

That is really so sweet. Thank you for sharing and helping us all keep things in perspective.

Unknown said...

Sweet boy. I think we forget how close to the spirit they are.