Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kill them with Crafties...

So, I believe I may have O.C.D.



Last week I won a blogging tutorial for an adorable bubble skirt pattern. I was busy all week and didn't get to making it until this weekend, but I love the final result. It only took me an hour to make and it's reversable so it's 2 skirts in one. If you like it, you can get the pattern at her Etsy shop found HERE. Then, once I made the skirt, I decided she needed a flower to match her flower skirt.

So, I searched through my computer files for the many different fabric flower tutorials that I had downloaded and started making flowers. And once I started, I couldn't stop. This just a sample of the ones I made. Oh, yes. There are more.

And once I was done with that, I decided she would need a purse to go with the outfit, so I went to work with a pair of Sawyers old holey jeans and quickly made her this.



Here she is in her new outfit.

Worth it! I didn't accomplish anything around the house, but felt seriously crafty.


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

OurFamily said...

So cute! I love that skirt, and all those flowers!

Shauna said...

dang girl! way cute stuff.

Grammy and Papa said...

Becky, that is adorable. It was worth every minute you spent on it.

Kasey said...

When I get a sweing machine I'm totally making those! Super cute!

Leslie said...

Cute stuff!

Sarah, RN said...

can you please teach me how to do the swirly flowers? I have been doing some really fun stuff with felt lately...but I have seen these twisted blossoms and can't find a tutorial?

soooo cute. you are talent, girl

Betsy said...

You are such an inspiration, Becky! :-)

Annelise H. Jensen said...

um, wow. When I have kids can you be their sewing-mommy? You are amazing. Good work!

Kate said...

Becky I would love to have links to your tutorial for the flowers! You are talented in so many ways!